How to apply for staff

WolfyCraft Staff Recruitment

Hi!

As WolfyCraft is expanding, so is our playerbase and the need for helpers who will take the power given, to make the server better, new players welcome and existing ones happy!

The application process is simple, fill out a template, make a topic (new thread using the "+" button in the bottom corner) and well.. keep playing.

We value those that, are helpful, not just when we are around but also when they are not being watched by anyone but themselves and the person they are helping. Those are the people that help not for show, but because it's who they are.

So if you think this describes you, and we know players who fit this description too.. then apply below! :)

Name:
Previous Experience?:
Why do you want to be staff?:
What can you bring to the server as a staff member?:
---------------------

Scenario Questions

Please answer with honesty, you may, or may not have a hidden test/scenario during your time as staff member. So it's helpful to be honest, and it gives us a good idea of how well you grasp the server rules and being staff in general

These questions are based on my own personal experience as a Moderator on a popular server (1 year) and being a server owner of previous servers.

A player comes on, the player is pretty quiet and keeps to himself. A few hours later, you notice they have not said anything but another regular player comes and complains that their items have been stolen, their house has been destroyed. Neither Sanjar or Leire are online to check who did it.

What do you do?

------------

Two players are having an argument, one is accusing the other of stealing items from a chest. One of them is a regular user, your close friend and a supporter of the server.

There is no evidence that suggests either of them are right/wrong and both are threatening to quit the server unless something happens.

What do you do?

------------

You see that someone who is staff, helping their friend by using their power and commands to their advantage. They only seem to do it when neither Sanjar or Leire are online, but when they are online. They are back to being helpful and friendly, what do you do?

------------

A player comes on the server, and you think that they are hacking. Either through x-ray or through cheats. However, you aren't sure and the player is friendly to you, and to others in the chat.

What do you do?
---------------------

That's the end of the application!

Thank you for applying, and just a note about it, the more you ask about your application, the less chance it has of being accepted.

Good Luck

Comments

• Name:

David DePotty

United States, Florida

Previous Experience:

On an old server called ArticPvP

I want to help the WolfyCraft community.

What can I bring to the server as a Staff Member?:

I can bring a safe and protected server.

Scenario 1:

I would watch the player that is quiet, but also keep an eye on all the other players to be sure.

Scenario 2:

I would first calm the argument down. Then I would talk to both of them personally to get both of their stories and go off of that.

Scenario 3:

I would first talk to the person the staff is giving items to and ask a few questions, such as, how did you get that item, etc. Then I will watch the staff to see who is doing it and what he is giving him.

Scenario 4:

I would first locate the player and watch him for a bit. If i see times where he is hacking, I will take a screenshot for later proof and get him banned.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

David DePotty (Epic_Gunner67)
  • Hi!
    That is my staff apply. I hope i can get staff.

Name: Renato Cafuta

Previous Experience: I had my own server, I was moderator and co-owner on big server, helper on few servers

Why do you want to be staff? I want to be staff, because I think I can bring a lot to the server and I would be online most of the time.

What can you bring to the server as a staff member? I think i can bring a lot, like I said, I have a lot of awesome ideas, so we can make this server better and more popular.

Scenario 1:
    First of all, I would check the this quiet guy/girl, what they are doing, if they are hacking or doing something againts server rules. Well then I would probablly check ip of both players, maybe they are friends, and of course I would check players base(his chest)

Scenario 2:
    No matter if member is my friend or not, he cant be against server rules. I would check both players stories at first, so I could be a little closer to seeing who is guilty, but at the end if everything would be clear, I would tell them to be friends and play together, because I think making friends ingame is fantastic, cause u can play with him all days.

Scenario 3:
    I would check this staff member and film him, when he is using his power to help other member(friends), well I think when owners are online, he wouldnt do that, because he could be afraid of losing his staff or being banned, so he would do it 100% when owners would be offline.

Scenario 4:
    first thing I had to do is watching him if he really hacks or no, and at the first time i would film or screenshot him and send it to owners and I would warn him, so he maybe will think next time when he would hack. Being friendly is awesome, but being friendly just to not get banned or get suspicious is not okay.

That is my apply. Hope I make it. Have a nice day. Bye
    CofCof
  • Name:
    Michael Coleman
    Previous Experience?:
    I have none
    I want to help the community
    Keep the server safe and friendly for all players

Scenario 1
    I would check watch the one whose been quiet the whole time and ask him questions.

Scenario 2
    I would calm down the players and get both sides of what happened and then make a decision based on the story.

Scenario 3
    It doesn't matter if he's using them to help a friend whether the owners are online or not. That staff member shouldn't be abusing his powers or commands I would let the owners know and then talk about a punishment or consequence.

Scenario 4
    I would monitor that player 24/7 until I found proof of hacking. I would then take a screenshot and show the owners.

That's my application I hope you like it and I hope I make the cut. have a great day buh-bye!!

Michael Coleman (dogydog13)
  • oh so now I need to awnwer all this?
  • oh so now I need to awnwer all this?

This shouldn't come as anything new, as the template post was made back in January.

• Sanjar said:

WolfyCraft Staff Recruitment

Hi!

As WolfyCraft is expanding, so is our playerbase and the need for helpers who will take the power given, to make the server better, new players welcome and existing ones happy!

The application process is simple, fill out a template, make a topic (new thread using the "+" button in the bottom corner) and well.. keep playing.

We value those that, are helpful, not just when we are around but also when they are not being watched by anyone but themselves and the person they are helping. Those are the people that help not for show, but because it's who they are.

So if you think this describes you, and we know players who fit this description too.. then apply below! :)

Name:
    Previous Experience?:
    ---------------------

Scenario Questions

Please answer with honesty, you may, or may not have a hidden test/scenario during your time as staff member. So it's helpful to be honest, and it gives us a good idea of how well you grasp the server rules and being staff in general

These questions are based on my own personal experience as a Moderator on a popular server (1 year) and being a server owner of previous servers.

A player comes on, the player is pretty quiet and keeps to himself. A few hours later, you notice they have not said anything but another regular player comes and complains that their items have been stolen, their house has been destroyed. Neither Sanjar or Leire are online to check who did it.

What do you do?

------------

Two players are having an argument, one is accusing the other of stealing items from a chest. One of them is a regular user, your close friend and a supporter of the server.

There is no evidence that suggests either of them are right/wrong and both are threatening to quit the server unless something happens.

What do you do?

------------

You see that someone who is staff, helping their friend by using their power and commands to their advantage. They only seem to do it when neither Sanjar or Leire are online, but when they are online. They are back to being helpful and friendly, what do you do?

------------

A player comes on the server, and you think that they are hacking. Either through x-ray or through cheats. However, you aren't sure and the player is friendly to you, and to others in the chat.

What do you do?
    ---------------------

That's the end of the application!

Thank you for applying, and just a note about it, the more you ask about your application, the less chance it has of being accepted.

Good Luck

• Hello

Name: Aidan
    Previous experience: Almost none (Was given mod-like permissions on a small server)
    Reason To Be: I would like to be staff because I want to notice the Cheaters and the Abusers of the server because it is a cracked server. I also would like to be Mod/Admin to be able to help a little more than I can now.
    What I can bring: I am on almost everyday for about 3 hours and I could watch out for complaints and look for hackers or cracked users. I could also help out any person in need of help or create builds for the server

Scenario #1: I Check the info of the chef to find any evidence that someone tampered with someone else's stuff and try to replace what was lost.

Scenario #2: I ask what was los and replace what I can then tell staff or San later to see what happened.

Scenario #3: Screenshot the evidence and post it on the forums for San.

Scenario #4: Look for any further evidence if something does pop up I warn them first before any severe actions.

Thank You!
  • Name: Momo / Marie (Spookymomo)

Previous Experience: I Started Minecraft in 2009. I have years (A few thousand hours played time overall) across servers as Staff (Recruiter, Helper, Mod, Admin, Co-owner). I have never been demoted once earning a staffing position (Only lost it due to server going down, or twice I did a big move IRL and resigned due to time away.)

Why do you want to be staff: I've noticed that I'm during times that others are not. It's always a good idea to have a helpful staff member online and ready to help if needed.

What can you bring to the server as a staff member: I have aforementioned experience, as well as my friendly nature, I'm a people person, as well as decent game knowledge. Should I move up in the ranks, I'll also include my experience and knowledge of Plugins, commands, and even console.

---------------------
    Scenario Questions

What do you do?

I would not assume that a quiet person has griefed, caused trouble, or done anything out of line, just for the sake of being quiet. I would not suspiciously follow them as if profiling them for shoplifting. So my first thought would not be that said quiet person has caused the damage. I would use the appropriate LogBlock to see how the damage was caused. I would make note of the name and place, and pass the information on to Sanjar or Leire once they are available again, so it can be resolved.

------------

What do you do?

When it comes to matter of server security (lol), I would not take into account if the person accused is a friend, donator, or a regular on the server. I have witnessed donators get banned for breaking the rules. There's no bought rank to bypass rules.
    Again, with access to LogBlock, I would use it to check the chest (It has an ability called ChestAccess that keeps logs of items going in and out of the chest). I would then resolve the matter as much as I could with the given information. (ie: Neither were wrong and a third party was the thief, relay information to Sanjar / Leire. [OR] my friend was the thief, in which case I would follow the same course of action in resolving it, friend or not.)

------------

You see that someone who is staff, helping their friend by using their power and commands to their advantage. They only seem to do it when neither Sanjar or Leire are online. But when they are online, hey are back to being helpful and friendly, what do you do?

I'd simply offer the information of what I saw take place to Sanjar and Leire, and let them choose the course of action to take as it is not my place. When it comes to other staff abusing power, I cannot stop them, but I can give them a warning myself, as well as enlighten Sanjar/Leire to the situation.

------------

What do you do?

As with the second scenario, I do not take into account someones friendliness or attitude, when examining if they might be cheating or rule breaking. I do personally have experience with how x-ray works (When you do /gm 3, it puts you into spectator mode. I have used this to go underground and in this mode you can see tunnels. I've caught people going straight to dungeons, mineshafts, and diamonds in this manner).
    Because of my experience, I feel confident in evaluating if a player new to the server suddenly comes into diamond armor/gear, that was not gifted to them, or seems out of place. I would relay my concern to Sanjar/Leire.